As one holiday morphs into another this time of year, it’s easy to get caught up in all the meal making, gift buying , home decorating and party going. But before sitting down to stuff yourself with turkey, sweet potatoes or less traditional fare, why not take a moment to reflect on what’s right with your life? I’m thankful:
For a husband who doesn’t care that I struck him out during a softball game and who nudged me out of my comfort zone so I could learn to scuba dive, drive a boat and ride on the back of his motorcycle through the mountains.
- For parents who taught me to respect myself and others and that anything is possible through hard work.
- For children in my life who help me remember what it was like to see wonder and joy in even common, everyday things.
- For two stepchildren who always remember me on Mother’s Day and other holidays.
- For other family and friends who share my memories and laugh about the epic and silly stuff we’ve done together.
- For my two dogs and a parrot who are always happy to see me when I come home.
- That I never have to wonder where my next meal is coming from, how I’ll get from one place to another, whether I have clean clothes to keep me comfortable and where I’ll lay my head at night.
- And that I have a publisher and readers willing to take a chance on a new author.
How about you? What blessing will you be counting this holiday season? Please come share your list with me in the comments below.
Hot read to keep you warm
Looking for a book to get you through a long winter’s night? Why not give Shore to Please, Gulf Shore Book 3, a try? Here’s what it’s about:
Tara Langley thought she’d found the love of her life, but he betrayed her with another woman. So she buried herself in her mission: convincing Gulf Shore Aquarium that dolphins and whales belong in the wild, not in artificial pools.
If Tara had her way, Paul “Flipper” O’Riley would lose the job he loves. Flipper is the head dolphin trainer, and the aquarium’s dolphins are his babies. While he’s open to having a real family one day, Tara is the last person he would choose to be his wife and the mother of his children.
These two should be sworn enemies, after all. He certainly swears at the sight of her. And his surfer-dude looks and lover-boy reputation aren’t exactly what Ms. Prim and Tidy had in mind when she pictured her ideal man.
But in the age-old way of opposites attracting, Tara and Flipper find themselves inexplicably drawn to each other. There’s no possible way a relationship between them could work, right?
As the two try to find common ground amid the quicksand, Flipper and his coworkers become the targets of an increasingly more menacing campaign to force the aquarium to release the dolphins under its care.
Will Gulf Shore Police Detective Joanna Tompkins catch the culprit before it’s too late?
Liquid Silver Books: http://www.lsbooks.com/shore-to-please-p1026.php
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shore-to-please-annette-mardis/1121964097?ean=9781622102297
All Romance: www.allromanceebooks.com/product-shoretoplease-1839913-153.html